POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 26 Jul 2004 19:50:04
Message: <410598ac$1@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

First, it's marvelous.  I love "outdoor" scenes, and scenes like this have
crossed my mind, but I've never tried it, thinking it would be quite
difficult to do.

> I want to finish this WIP, but how?
> Starting from an atmosphere test (thanks to Abe for the starting point),
the
> scene quickly developed to an half-finished state.
> Recently Gilles Tran motivated me to start working on it again after
showing
> an earlier version to him along the way.
> The rock and the dead mossy tree are still likely to be changed.
>
> Two questions:
> - The image seems to lack something - but what? I already added and
deleted
> several animals, they didn't seem to fit.
> - Is the picture bright enough? I have three different LCD monitors, all
> with different Gamma. I want to collect other opinions.

Something seems funny, strange with the forest itself.  Should there be more
trees in the back at a lower elevation?  It seems like it.  In other words,
we're presumably looking over a hill.  I would expect some more distant
trees in the nearer distance.

Also, the shadows seem to bright to me, especially on the rock and dead tree
in the foreground.

> Eventually the final picture will be rendered in 3000+ pixels and will
take
> at least six weeks on two computers.

Gee.  I've tried to keep my hi-rez renders under 3 weeks.  Perhaps I'm
limiting myself too much.

Have fun!  Nice work!

--
Jeremy